Sunday, June 26, 2005

Haven Lake - Washington


Early morning misting aside, it was a great day for a paddle! The sun peeked out just as we got to Belfair. It is a sleepy little mountain town, and Haven Lake my favorite type - lots of old, tiny cabins dot the lake. One thing about vacation property, it seems there is always the sound of a power tool - saws, drills, weed-wackers, - always someone adding on to their house, or improving it. I'd like a more remote place, with just the sound of wind rustling the pines and a gentle breeze off the water. You'd get lost in the quiet, put to sleep by the sun.

I filmed the glide, when I wasn't needed for paddling. Managed to get lots of quaint cabins, with smoke coming out of chimneys. A few dogs ran down to the dock, getting territorial, and their owner waved and scolded them. We just glided by, knowing they sure wouldn't jump into the water. A little wind came up, gave us just a gentle nudge home.

Just a sweet little glide - my favorite!