Thursday, March 13, 2008

Waffles With Raspberries

My oldest daughter, Laurel, gave me a waffle iron a few years ago, and it makes the most beautiful waffles. I put a dollup of pomegranate yogurt on top, and added a tumble of fresh raspberries and a little plum syrup.

My geraniums are now in bloom on the windowsill, and these delicate plum blossoms line one of the streets on my jogging route. We've had sunlight and rain, low heavy clouds, and beautiful long shadows in the early evening when the sun slides under the clouds for a final bright wink. With temps in the mid 50's, it has been delightful walking when the sun is shining.

Not much to say here. Just doing my spring cleaning. Ruhiyyih has a story about our chat the other night. Amazing how I can disrupt her sleep just by mentioning Stephen Hawking!