Thursday, July 27, 2006

Evening at Laurel and Mehran's Home

The sun was setting, with Lake Washington in the distance, when I took this photo at my daughter's home in Renton. (The lake is barely visable in the lower left corner.) It was one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen - and fortunately I had my camera in the car.

We'd gone up to Laurel and Mehran's home so I could pick up some dandelion root tea, which Laurel purchased for me. I think it has a good taste, and I use it as 'a second cup of coffee' in the morning, rather than have more caffeine. It claims to be good for the liver, stimulating better function. I think it compliments the taste of coffee. Most teas don't. It is an organic roasted 'Traditional Medicinals' tea.

While we were there, we watched one of our canoeing videos on eastern Washington, and the video of an earlier camping trip to the Olympic Forest with our son and his wife. When September comes, we want to plan a big family camping trip, our final one, over to eastern Washington. It takes at least a month or more to coordinate everyones schedule, so we can all be together.

In the middle of September our son Taraz will marry Megan in a small family ceremony, and we thought we'd plan the trip east afterwards. It affords more opportunities to visit with extended family in a fun, recreational setting. Most of the tourists are gone then, campsites are plentiful, and the peace and quiet is so rich.Camping in the fall, with the cool temperatures is my favorite time of year.

Laurel wants to hold a sleep-over in her home the day after the wedding, and have all of us stay together and head out to eastern Washington together. I'll have to admit, I'm one of those parents that sits back and lets the 'kids' decide how to run the show - they usually provide all the energy, and keep things lively. I just have to make sure everyone is sleeping well, warm, and well-fed.

This last photo was just 'a study in light', which is quite fitting for this room in Laurel's home. I happened to see the narrow window, the beam of light, and the grace of curtain. It just seemed to match, beautifully, the glorious colors seen later in the evening.