Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our son Rue, his wife Annie, and their daughter Daisy moved into their new home this weekend and all of us helped them move.

I started the day early, about 6:00, making chocolate muffins and a hearty pizza for lunch. I packed up a salad and a little fruit, and we drove over to Gig Harbor. We started loading up the U-Haul at 10:30, and finished about 4:30. As we brought boxes to George, he loaded them, making everything secure and tight. Taraz, Rahmat and I helped run all the boxes down to the truck.

I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed everything while the guys finished up, and we drove to the new house - a four bedroom ranch-style home out in the country. Then, we unloaded everything which went very fast because we didn't have any stairs to climb! Annie brought home some deli salads and chicken, and we ate dinner before we headed home about 7:30.

I took this photo just as we were in the middle of loading up the U-Haul. Just acting goofy, with Taraz in one of Daisy's old Smurf shirts and Rue wearing a Halloween wig. I sure appreciated their attitude because by the end of the day all of us were really tired.

I couldn't help but think off and on all day today about Rue and Annie's new home, and how exciting it is to wake up that first morning in the new place. Such a wonderful milestone.