Friday, May 18, 2007

We've had some abundant sunshine the past week, which has been perfect gardening weather. My backyard is tended and mowed, watered and clipped, and now I can sit down and rest awhile. I had coffee, with cream and sugar, and listened to the faint bubbling from this little fountain, a recent birthday gift from our friend, Myong. I've never had a Feng Shui fountain before, but it is supposed to balance the dynamics of nature to create harmony. Do you suppose it could have the power to diminish the sound of my neighbor's lawn mower?

One yearns for the silence of deep forests, sunshine glistening on cool water, and a fresh breeze carrying the fragrance of juniper. These greet us at Lake Wenatche, where our families plan to camp next week for our yearly reunion. Laurel and Mehran, Rue and Annie, Taraz and Megan, Ruhiyyih and Rahmat - all are packing their camping gear, and George and I have much to do over the weekend to get ready, much baking and cooking.

We'll head over on Wednesday to secure a site, and I'll return to Flitzy after the Memorial Day weekend. Have a memorable holiday, everyone....