Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Lunch Along the 'Rails to Trails'


We stopped along the road near McMurray, Washington, to have lunch - vegetable soup and falafal burgers, pita bread and macaroni salad.

There was an old cement barrier pushed to the side of a trail. I used it as my camp kitchen.

I set out lunch items, water jug, and assembled my camp stove.

There was just room for the car and our chairs along the side of a little pond rimmed with cattails.

An old 'Rails to Trails' path lead through the valley.
We hiked it after lunch, then continued our drive through the valley.

I bought a book on the history of McMurray at the General Store - "McMurray - Gone With The Trees" by Varee A. Bandazy. Paperback, used, from Amazon, $92.35. This little country store had some old copies on a shelf. I paid $5.00!