Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cleaning the Cabin Today


I gotta do the most dreadful work today - clean out my grand-daughter's playhouse. It is actually a little cabin that I built in the backyard, filled with nature collections - elk scat and the like. More a rustic club-house than a dainty little playhouse for a 9 year old grand-daughter.

This little cabin has cobwebs on everything, with BIG spiders lying ready to pounce. The squirrels have dragged acorns into the loft, and rats have nested under a quilt. The tea set is scattered, and the whole place looks suddenly abandoned, as if better things beckoned...and, they did.

I've got to drag out one of George's long extension chords and pull out the old vacumn. Then wash some of the stuff, put up some plastic on the windows to keep out the rain, and sweep off the dead leaves on the porch.

Don't ask why I wear an old yellow shower cap when I'm tacklin' this job. Just think about it.