Friday, April 28, 2006

Work In Progress


My blogging has really been put on the back-burner while I've been getting our garden in, the sod put in place, and the patio organized.

We took the pygmy goat corral out, and also the little barn. That opened up the entire patio and expanded our yard. Now we have room for a couple of chairs and footstools, a little cofee table - and more grass to mow.

Since it is just George and I now, I decided against a picnic table, and just kept things simple. Dinner is served on trays, and put on the footstools. A roof extension from the house keeps the patio shaded all day - that is nice for summertime.

Our front porch catches the afternoon sun about 2:00. It can get too sunny there in the afternoon. However, the cats have enjoyed the front porch in the wintertime where a spot of warm sunshine is a welcome treat. A few times I've seen both our cats curled up together here, like they were still kittens in a nest. We have quite a few people walking by everyday, and they have enjoyed looking at our cats here.

This is the Nemesia (Berries and Cream) and white Bacopa that I put in a cedar planter - it has really taken off. It sits in a small spot of sunshine at a far corner of my patio, quite happy and fully expressive.