Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bonita and George- Vaughn Inlet -7-13-05


Brother Dick took this of us the day he arrived. He wasted no time getting on the water. We've done 4 paddles in the last 3 days, all with very different water conditions, weather and light.

I film. Dick and George paddle.

On our way up to Mt. Rainier, about 25 Ferraris and Lambourghinis, from a car show, drove ahead of us, each one passing ole George's Dodge Caravan. He pulled over, to let all of them roar past. They sure make a statement!!

But we followed them up, like The Little Engine That Could.

George and Dick got to talking about exceleration speeds. I guess these fast cars are known for that. We were figuring just how fast they could go, from 0 to 60 m.p.h., in what space of time.

George was calculating. Dick was figuring.

I'm not too keen on figures, but I told them I have a friend at work who goes from 0 to 234. . . just by stepping on the bathroom scale!