Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Coming Out Of Hibernation

We had the most gorgeous, sunny, warm day! I'm not telling who cleared off their desk and left work early. Sunshine will do that to you, if you live in the Pacific Northwest.

They were here at 2:30, packed up their canoe, and drove off to Lake Sylvia! This post was calling. They couldn't leave those images alone, and had to see it for themselves! I told the young man, "Pack some bubbling cider and a few sandwiches, and enjoy the twilight!" There is a full moon tonight.

I'm also pleased that my son Rue took time out of a busy day to visit his Mom. When he knocked on my door and there was no answer, he walked around to the backyard. He knew I'd be there.
And, of course, there is this pie I'd just pulled from the oven - Raspberry-Blueberry with a Cinnamon-sugar topping. As I pulled it out, I realized that I'd probably have to eat the whole darn thing myself. I'd forgotten about George having diabetes and having to watch his sugar. Oh, my. An entirely warm berry-licous pie.

I anguished over that predicament for all of ten seconds.