Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Accents in the Garden

When I work in my garden at Franklin Park there is a little 3 year old girl, Regan, who visits me. She is such a sweet child, and I brought this doll to help keep her entertained while her mother works her plots. It is an old doll that has been tucked into a chair on my front porch, and has been long neglected.

Krissy wanted a photo of the chair, so this is one taken this morning, in a glare of intense sunlight. After I washed and scraped off all the flaking paint and scum I went to the Goodwill and bought a seat- cover, to help cushion my boney butt. I'm not one to sit long, though, as it is easier to keep moving than to try to get up again!

The basket of geraniums is just an after-thought, a way to use up old plants that didn't have a good spot on the patio. In September all the dahlias behind this chair, along the fence, will be in bloom, and I'll try to take a better picture then of the chair, with the flowers in the background.

My efforts have attracted attention - everyone loves salvaging old furniture and putting it to good use.
Some of the gardeners hauled in this old picnic table and benches today.