Friday, June 12, 2009

Family Update ~ Good News

Annie and Rue had baby Daniel this morning about 4:45! We are all so happy for this little family! I saw Annie and Rue just a few days ago. When they came over to the house I wasn't home, so they drove over to the Community Garden, where I was watering my vegetables. We visited for awhile, then I gave Annie a hug goodbye. I knew that was the last time I'd see Annie pregnant. They'd had an emergency visit to the hospital earlier that day, trying to turn the baby for a natural delivery. Daniel, being a Dannells, was not to be redirected. He had his own way about his arrival into this world! Rue came by this morning to tell us that Annie and Daniel are both doing fine.

Matt and Ruhiyyih got engaged! Matt flew out to visit her last weekend, and they celebrated the occasion at the Washington Monument. Matt made a cute card with the words "Marry Me", and when he got down on one knee to propose and she said "Yes!" all the people around them clapped. What a celebration!

Then he presented the gift of the ring, this embellishment that symbolizes so much love and grace.
But, you have to read Ruhiyyih's story to understand the phenomenal gift bestowed on this couple by a friend.