Thursday, September 10, 2009

Polenta Casserole ~ A Camping Favorite

This casserole is a family favorite, and has the distinct reputation as "the meal Mom had to throw out" when camping at Lake Wenatchee. I fried the polenta, the sausage and egg, added the stewed tomatoes and seasonings, then served it. Ruhiyyih came running back to me shouting that soap was in the breakfast! I'd fried the polenta in Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid! My olive oil and soap were in similar jars...a mistake I'll never make again!

This weekend I made Polenta Casserole, using oven-roasted tomato slices that were sprayed with olive oil and seasoned with fresh oregano and pepper blends.

I've been roasting a tray of plum tomatoes every day.

Tomato-cream cheese sandwich. Oven-roasted tomatoes from the garden, and home-made farmer's cheese.