Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our daughter Ruhiyyih married Matt last Saturday in a beautiful ceremony with family and friends. (More photos by photographer Katherine Hall in her blog Shutterblog.)

My favorite moment of Matt and Ruhiyyih was the kiss, because when he swept her into his arms there was barely a dry eye in the room. An entire community of friends and well-wishers made her wedding so memorable and lovely. ( I'll wait for Ruhiyyih to share the details, when she has time to do so.)

Here my sister is trying to put earrings on me. She said, "You've got wrinkled ole lady ears Bonita, and I can't get it on!" We fussed and struggled, and finally somebody popped them in... little diamond studs that Ruhiyyih wanted me to keep for her. I figured they'd get lost in my pocket, so I wore them.

The first day of their marriage I lighted altar candles as a way of keeping Matt and Ruhiyyih in my prayers. They've been lighted every day as a remembrance.