Monday, May 03, 2010

She's Ready To Jump For Joy!

Just got this e-mail from Ruhiyyih: Subject: Girls time this weekend!

AHHHHH I am SO SO SO excited that we will all be together this weekend! It will be a special Mother's Day/Birthday weekend indeed!

Ok, so mom I talked to Laurel last night and she wants to play in the kitchen with us, so lets definitely plan on making some of your scrumptious foods like your veggie crepes! As far as a "schedule" I am sure we will wing it quite a bit, but I want it to be a restful, fun, and happy weekend for all.

There is some local hiking we can do (Bateman Island - gorgeous, on the water, mountains all around).

Tour the vineyard near my work, take a picnic (picnic tables by the pond, very serene).

Canoeing the Colombia river.

Play in the kitchen while the guys play the Wii, watch Bruce Lee movies, or in the case of dad; blog. ;)

Maybe visit the salon? I know it's not your thing, mom - but you can take pictures. I really really need a haircut and Laurel needs a scalp massage. They are devine!

Sit on the deck and drink coffee. Mom - Laurel drinks coffee now!!!!

Go to Starbucks and taste test everything that they offer. Then run ten miles to get rid of the jitters. Or, have the coffee and go to Barnes & Noble to stimulate our colons... :)

Ok, what do you ladies think? I am so excited I could just do some jumping jacks right now!Love,Ruhiyyih

Did I say INTENSITY runs in the Dannells' family? I'm still suffering from "Crash and Burn" just watching George finish 18 home visits and meetings in 19 days, and I feel like I've run a triathalon just getting my garden dug, bermed, fertilized, and planted. All the seed beds are in - parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, carrots, mescalin, leek, beets, broccoli raab, and several varieties of mustard and kale. The spinach, collards, potatoes, bok choy, brussel sprouts, parsley, and Swiss chard are in; the peas, onions and shallots are coming up, and the tomatoes and zucchini will be put into the ground in two weeks.

I overdid it on Friday, digging. Now I've got a kink in my back that has me sitting bolt upright reluctant to move. And, if I do, it is in slow motion, at a sagging 3 inches lower than usual, knees splayed to the side. And, wouldn't you know, when George and I were at the Seymour Conservatory yesterday, he came up behind me and bonked the back of my knees with his! It was such a surprise that I almost sank to the ground - and he had to catch me. I just know that the lady next to me wondered why a grown man like George would be doing such a thing. Well, she didn't know that he was probably bored, and wanted to entertain himself. Happens all the time.

Or maybe he was just getting back at me for criticising his last video, taken during our Devotional Meeting. I noticed very jerky images. When I e-mailed him, I wrote that the film looks like he's suffering from rectal itch. He e-mailed back and said he was doing the Caribbean Jerk, and sent me an image ............... now that speaks my language!