Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Afternoon Walk At Point Defiance Park


I've got some chilli ready for supper, along with some hard crusty rolls. A little spinach salad and some tangerines - dinner is ready. Meantime, I'll post some photos of the long walk I took today at Point Defiance Park. This park is part of a large old growth forest here in Tacoma. It is covered with hiking trails, bicycle paths, and picnic areas. I went down to the pond to feed the ducks, then I headed into the forest for a walk. I must have spooked a deer because there was a terrible crashing...and I was so glad I was not in Montana up at Glacier, where the likelihood of meeting up with a grizzly is quite possible this time of year. We had rain most of today, with sunbreaks in the late afternoon, and I was fortunate to sit in the sun for awhile. Its not everyday you'll get a spot of sun like this here. I guess I made good use of it. It's getting dark now, and smoke is curling up from the chimney in the house across the street. A warm light shines through the window. It's about time to sit down and call it a day...with suppertime. Hope you all have a good evening.