Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Taking A Lunch Break - Hobo Stew


Its been a gorgeous, sunny day here in Tacoma, so I've spent most of the morning pruning my tree malva and rose bushes, mowing the yard, and doing a little edge-work. I'm dumping my potted flowers, and storing the containers in the garage. We still have one tree - the cherry - that is still dropping yellow leaves everyday, so I'm ignoring that.

I've put together Hobo Stew with English Muffins for a lunch, along with a tossed salad and a cup of tea.

Hobo Stew is an inexpensive stew that is great for pot-lucks - black beans, great northern beans, pinto and kidney beans, mixed frozen vegetables, sauteed onions, saussage and hamburger in a tomato soup-bean soup base, from concentrate. I make up a big batch of it, then thaw portions at a time. It's a real hit with kids.