Friday, February 23, 2007

Locked Out

Pandora looks rather patient here while waiting for me to finish working on the computer. She will scratch the window, give a very urgent look, and wait for me to go to the door. Meanwhile, she likes to sit here, to watch the wrens in the bush.....

I've been feeling sorry for all the crows on our block. My neighbor Beth has been putting her corn muffins out for them, by throwing them out into the street. Now, that should signal breakfast, but all it does is cause a terrible commotion. Not one, but 7 or 8 crows come by, hoping for a morsel. They peck at the muffins and none can get a solid mouthful. You see, the muffins are as hard as rocks!

Oh, the dilemma. I got so tired watching the fracas that I went out in my bathrobe, with my hammer. Naturally I had a few angry crows reluctant to let go of the muffins. But, approach I did, as they all flew up onto the utility wires. I stooped down and gave the muffins several good whacks, and they reluctantly crumbled into bits. Then, I spread the crumbs apart, as far as a few good kicks will go. Problem solved.