Monday, August 15, 2005

Looking Around

It is amazing what you don't see, when you are working 40 hours a week.

Used to be that I'd just overlook a lot of things because I just didn't have the energy to tackle it after work, or I'd minimalize their importance because I felt I had better things to do, and I did.

Now, I look around with the freedom to choose anything I want to do, there will be time for it. I can keep things a little cleaner, catch up on old correspondence, go walking every morning with my daughter, sleep in later. It used to be I'd be setting two alarm clocks to wake up by 4:00am - the first one was a soft chime, the other one a loud electric buzz like a chainsaw. If I didn't get up by the first one, the next was going to get me!

So, I've got a day planned, a list of 'things to do' with this life of new possibilities.