Thursday, August 25, 2005

Scott Lake - Oregon


We had a secluded campsite here, just a moon for company at night.

Scott Lake is a great little lake, with a shallow bottom of white pumice sand. It sits serenely in a flat, wooded valley, with a view of 10,000 foot Three Sisters Peaks.

We set up camp, cooked raviolli with pesto sauce, Italian bread, and fresh peaches, then went for an evening glide...I filmed the whole thing. It was so lovely.

Our best night's sleep was here - I've never seen so many stars in the sky, and the moon shone into the screen windows of the tent. When you live in a city, you forget how clear the sky can be at night.

This photo was taken about 7:30 a.m, when the mist was still rising off the lake - we got our coffee made, and went off - me still in my nightgown! We explored the entire lake, then went back to camp for breakfast. While George struck camp, I sat by the lake for an hour, just soaking up the sunshine and quiet.