Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Mandolin Cafe

Yesterday, after work, my kids wanted to walk over to the Mandolin, where they hang out a lot.

It was a hot day, and I had just gotten off work, real eager to just sit down. I posted my Vintage Car Show series, and just wanted to go sit out in the back yard. But, they said, "Mom, join us!", so I drove over.

This little cafe has an old world charm, with an authentic coffee mill and Italian deli. It features eclectic art on the walls, sculpture, and things to purchase - European magazines, little tea sets, ornate coffee mugs, fresh ground Valhalla Coffee and specialty teas.

Ruhiyyih ordered a "Grande Soy Mocha" and spread her planner book out in front of her. She is job-hunting, and wants to do some volunteer work with World Vision International. It has it's headquarters in Federal Way, where she plans to share a house with a friend.