Friday, December 23, 2005

But Wait, I Can Get It Cheaper At...


We had to take advantage of the holiday sales at Target, where Rahmat got a microwave, toaster, and blender. Then, we drove over to the Goodwill, where he got a nice easy chair, then a pole lamp at K-Mart, and groceries at Fred Meyer. I would have taken him to the dollar store to load up on a few plates and silverware...but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

He and I have very different shopping styles - I make lists, and prioritize so I get the important stuff first, before I give out. He is more impulsive and distracted. If I hadn't been there, he would have purchased most of the non-essentials before he even thought about what he was going to sleep on. Fortunately, he is open to suggestions, and took my advice most of the time - it's all a learning thing. For example, when we were in the grocery store, he went to buy a $1.50 avacado. I said, "Are you sure you want to spend $1.50 for one ounce of fiber? You've got to peel off the skin, then remove the huge seed...what's left?" He put it back!