Monday, December 12, 2005

Ruhiyyih's Cookie Extravaganza!



Ruhiyyih came bearing gifts last night - a platter of cookies she said she dare not keep in her little apartment, or she would eat them all! She had attended a "Cookie Extravaganza Party" with 12 of her friends from college. The purpose of the party was to provide an assortment of holiday confections, with a basket-full for each gal to take home for the holidays. Each friend brought a platter of her favorite recipe, which she then shared with everyone. Not a bad idea to simplify holiday baking!

Since she will be in Washington DC during the holidays, we opened our gifts early. She gave me a little coffee warmer to put by the computer...I was always forgetting about my coffee, and it would get cold. Now, if I can only remember to turn it on, then off. I bought Ruhiyyih a cute leather contact case, for her travels. It has a mirror inside, easy and efficient.

I made cappacino for her when she got up, as she had had a rough night on the sofa. Her brother, Taraz had too many midnight snacks, waking her each time. And the cats just missed her so much they would not leave her alone. So, Ruhiyyih got about four hours of good sleep. I eventually encouraged her to sleep in my bed, because I was going to be posting here, and did not want to disturb her. The photo above shows a "recovered Ruhiyyih". Amazing what a cappacino can do...