Friday, June 09, 2006

On The Prowl For Hummingbirds


The last two days I've spent most of my time out in the yard, mowing, edging, and working in the garden. When its time for a break, I sit right here, and have a cup of coffee.

This is Pandora, and she was in a most playful mood, prancing, twisting, and cavorting in mid-air at anything that circled over her head. I watched her leap, then dash after a long awaited summer delight - the hummingbirds!

While I savored my coffee, I watched the little hummers visit the Columbine, the California Poppies, the Lantana and Snap-dragons. They zoomed into the deep center of each for a brief hello, then dashed to the next color, the next fragrance - all the while hovering just out of reach of Pandora.

I decided to create a post showing the hummer's destinations. And Blogger is spitting out posts that include more than one picture, acting very contrary this week,so, I'll give just an individual glance down Hummingbird Lane. Lets see what she found....