Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hand Over The Burgers Or Else!

....or else Mom will have to cook dinner tonite.

I sure wasn't in the mood for that yesterday, so Taraz, Daisy and I walked a couple of blocks down to the Goofy Goose Hamburger Joint where we got chocolate shakes to go with burgers and fries.

This is just a little mom and pop 'hole in the wall' place that serves teriyaki, Yakisoba noodles and fried rice, fish and chips, jo jo's, slopy jo's, and other take out items. After Taraz placed the order, we waited inside, where there are just a few tables and chairs.

Daisy got a few quarters from her uncle, and they worked the machines. Or I should say, she settled for stickers, and she watched him play.

I'm savoring these outings with my son. His marriage is in a month, and he's found ways to share the specialness of these days with me. I addressed all of their wedding invitations and I also did some shopping with Taraz. We found a beautiful shirt for his honeymoon.

At dinner he said, "Mom, do you have any last minute suggestions?" I wasn't sure if he was talking about dessert or marriage, so I picked the latter, and said, "Be very careful what you say or do when you are angry." I know for a fact that we always regret what we say when our feelings and observations are skewed in a moment of anger.

On a lighter note, when George came home, he went to the garden and picked out his dinner. It is here, like a bridal bouquet, in front of him. Collard greens, and he did the cooking.....