Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summertime Play

My grand-daughter, Daisy, is with us until the end of the month when her mom, Annie, returns from vacation down in California. My son Rue works a 3:00 p.m. to 'after midnight' shift, and cannot care for Daisy at night....so, guess who has a little house guest.

She is quite easy to please, and knows just how to occupy her time. When I last checked, she'd drawn a computer, with her own chat-room. Chat-room friends were "Golden Retrever" (Nicole), "Belle's Friend" (Lindsay), "Sweetie Bug" (Mckenzi), and the Master of Ceremonies, "Candied Mint" (Daisy). She's written all of the commentary, quite appropriate for soon to be 5th graders....rejoicing in summer days without homework.

Daisy spends a lot of time combing her hair, making styles, and looking pretty in the mirror. She can do this by the hour. I thought she was primping when I hadn't heard her for awhile, but actually she'd gone outside to draw, and I found this little message on her hands:

This.........

Is...........

Jane.

Jane can run. Jane can hop.

Yeah for Jane.

Oops...I squished Jane!

Oh....No!