Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pie On the Porch


Well, it took several days to get my youngest daughter moved into her new apartment up in Seattle, and when we were done, we went to the Whole Foods Market, just to look at everything.

I've never been in such a bountiful place. Both my daughters went to shop, and I just wandered around to look at all the deli items, bulk items, fresh fish and fresh fruit. Everything was displayed beautifully, to entice you to buy something, so I bought some goat cheese with chives and some crackers, some fancy fish soup with French bread, and a chocolate doughnut and a cup of coffee. We sat at a little deli-bar and went over some menu's, and watched the crowds. I never saw so many people in a grocery store, so much good food, or such happy employees. When I got home, I made two pumpkin pies, and as you can see, I like crispy crust on the top.