Monday, September 26, 2005

Rock Climbing At Jones Bay


One morning I got up early, made coffee and gathered family members up here before sunrise, so we could watch the sun come over the mountains. It was pretty cold at night - about 34 degrees, and once the sun was up, jackets would come off, and hands would be warm. You can see our vehicles down in the distance.

My sister and her husband kept warm in their van, which has a little heater. It also has a microwave, shower, toilet, sink - the works. I joined her one morning for coffee in the van, but all the other mornings I made coffee and hiked up on a boulder to enjoy the sunrise. Some of the cottonwoods had turned yellow-gold, and the air was so crisp and cool.

The last day of our trip, George and I went for a sunrise glide. The water was so still, and the birds did all their territorial calling. It is an exquisite time of day, daybreak.