Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Just Stylin' With The Girls


Ruhiyyih and Jackie are styling Daisy's hair, curling it into an upswing. Then, a little eyeshadow and the stylin' is done.

These are the activities of an auntie who knows that visiting Daisy will soon be over, so she is maximizing the playtime. I'm sitting on the sideline, videotaping. I know that these moments are precious, something George and I will look back upon when the house is quiet.

Taraz and Megan have packed up some of his stuff, and he will be sleeping in his own place tonight, his own apartment. I'm happy to see him so organized and his room upstairs should be cleaned out in a couple of days. Then, when the weekend comes, while George is working under the house, I'll be cleaning the study and putting my guest room in order.

Ruhiyyih will leave for Washington D.C. on Thursday - I think that will be my first real 'quiet day'....she is busy packing some of her stuff in boxes, to be shipped by mail, snail route. She plans to have just 2 big suitcases and a carry-on on the plane. And, that has to last her until the rest of her stuff arrives at her new address in Virginia.