Sunday, February 05, 2006

Oyster Bay On Puget Sound



We got out early Sunday morning for a canoe paddle at Oyster Bay. It was a gorgeous sunny day - sweater weather, no wind. Perfect canoeing weather! I took my video camera and filmed bobbing jellyfish. I caught a few snapshots, too.

We had a perfect paddle over to a little island. While George sunned himself, I walked around the island and got a few photos of Madronna trees and beach shells.

The birdlife was rich - a few pheasants, an eagle soaring overhead, Barrows Golden Eyes bobbing on the water, and a diving Kingfisher. The water was alive with the sound of gulls, crows, and Killdeer. This is my favorite time of the year to explore water - before all the powerboats are out. In fact, because it was Super Bowl Sunday, it was very quiet. Just a perfect glide.