Monday, February 06, 2006

A Sunny Afternoon At Watson's Nursery


My daughter, Ruhiyyih, and I spent an hour at Watson's, a local nursery. While she sat at the espresso bar with a chocolate chip cookie, I browsed all the perennials, the hanging baskets, the new annuals, and the houseplants. This is the best nursery in our valley. If you have a sick plant, they will take it, put it in one of their greenhouses, and try to restore it for you. They have excellent customer service, and abundant varieties of outdoor shrubs and trees.

Just walking through all the primroses and daffodils was such a joy, after all the dismal grey days that we've had. The fragrance and color was refreshing, and I really enjoyed being with my daughter. She is home for a few weeks, then she moves to Washington DC. We are packing in some good times. This was such a delightful excursion...I'm eager to go back.