Thursday, August 02, 2007

Precious Annie's Birthday Celebration

Our daughter-in-law, Annie celebrated her 23rd birthday with a celebration at her parents home, out in the countryside near Gig Harbor. The Halls built a big fire, and started to barbecue chicken and hot dogs. Everyone else brought side-dishes or salads.
This is Tim, Annie's dad, making a point. Can't quite recall what it was, but he sure did laugh when I told him about our lawn mower. It is so old, that when I was cutting the grass last week the whole rusted- out frame dropped down onto the grass, with the blades still rotating, scalping a huge circle in my nice lawn. It still sits there, where it fell apart. When I asked George how we dispose of an old power-mower, he said "just keep it there, parked in the grass. It looks like a lawn ornament." Humph. That was not the answer I was looking for!



This is Taraz goofing off with our grand-daughter, Daisy.

After we had dinner, we played badminton and threw a Frisbee.
Annie pulled these little ones in the wagon, around the property and along the paths.
George and our son Rue, roasting hot-dogs. Rue barbecued his famous chicken.

Annie opening her gifts.
Megan and Zoey. She kept him on a leash, and walked him along the far edges of the property, to give Zoey some exercise.( P.S. This is a very well-behaved pooch.)

This is the Pistachio Pudding-cake that Kathy, Annie's mom, made for the celebration. It was simply heavenly, very light, and slightly sweet. It was so good that I want to include the recipe here, thanks to Kathy: Ingredients: 1 chocolate cake mix; 3 small packages of instant pistachio pudding; 4 cups of whole milk; 1 carton of Cool Whip; 5 Butterfinger candy bars. Bake the chocolate cake in a 9 x 13 pan as package directs. Cool. Top with: 3 pkgs. instant pistachio pudding mix mixed with 4 cups of whole milk. Beat 5 minutes. When set, spread on top of the cake. Put Cool Whip on next. Crush 5 Butterfingers and sprinkle on top! Refrigerate.
And lastly, this is the Greek Salad that I brought, and fortunately there were some left-overs which I enjoyed for my lunch today! Red, yellow and green peppers, tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, carrots and red onion, olives and feta cheese on salad greens and spinach. I garnished it with fresh oregano from my garden. I'm biased. It was good!