Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leeks and Lentils For a Rainy Afternoon

Wholesome leeks, potatoes, carrots and celery, partnered with onions and garlic - savory companions on a rainy afternoon.

I've been going through all my notebooks, putting post-it notes on all the recipes that I want to try again. Four large binders are full to the brim, with photographs and recipes.

Once I've created a meal and photographed some feature of it I put it in these folders as a reference. In the past I've used papers from the Paper Zone, real lovely colors that bring out the beauty of the food. It holds the work together.

But, I'm in saving mode right now, so rather than buy high priced paper I've gone to the Goodwill and purchased thick paper from children's books. It is inexpensive, provides fanciful illustrations, and the paper is strong. I'm experimenting with results, and so far I'm enjoying the children's stories and illustrations more than my photographs and recipes!

Now my workbook is featuring dragons and frogs, pied pipers, and old women who live in shoes.