Saturday, October 30, 2010

Turkish Flatbread - For A Middle-eastern Meal

Can anything be more beautiful than bread dough resting in a little bowl? I let it absorb heat from the lamp on the table.

I have dried green chilies from my garden, so I ground a few, and added them to the flat-bread dough.

The Turkish flat-bread, called Gozleme, were grilled on a cast iron skillet that has grooves. Tomorrow I'll soften a few in the microwave and fill them with blanched greens, fried onions, nutmeg, paprika, and cheese.

I spent the day making yogurt and working in my kitchen - it rained all day. I've got the fireplace going, the dishes are done, and I'm finally going to sit down and watch "Winged Migration" - I've been listening to the sound track to the movie all day while George has been working on the insulation under the house. He plays a variety of music when he is down there, and I can listen to the same movie on TV over-and-over again all afternoon and be happy - there is bliss in being simple minded.

He is playing music at a barn dance tonight. I thought how, if I went, I wouldn't be seeing double because of my new glasses. At the last Baha'i gathering in Tacoma - a holy day celebration - there were 30 children present, all of them vocal and moving around. With double vision it looked like 60 - just so bizarre it was entertaining. I had to sit down, though, just to avoid toppling over!