Monday, January 30, 2006

Owens Beach in Point Defiance Park


We walked along Owens Beach, in Point Defiance Park this last Saturday - but the day was a torrent of rain, then sunbreaks. We found a muddy trail in the forest, and it was so beautiful I hope to go back when the sunshine is out, and get some images. There were huge foot-shaped mud puddles everywhere, like a tell-tale gossip story of who had been there, and where they went. When the sun glinted onto them, it was really quite impressive - but, wouldn't you know, I left my camera in the car!

I followed George, as he tried to prance through the forest in a type of jogging routine. Why people try to do a running walk seems a little confusing to me...just relax and enjoy the forest. But, here he was with his arms up like a boxer, mincing his steps around the potholes and mud pies. I could almost imagine him wearing a pink lace tutu, cavorting thusly, and saying, "oh my, oh my".


We made arrangements with our sons Taraz and Rahmat, to go together on an extended hike on Sunday up at Cougar Mountain. They brought their friend, Megan, and we had a long afternoon hike along Cold Creek. I'll have photos of that hike at my 4:00 posting, when I have a chance to check my photos.