Monday, June 14, 2010

America's Funniest Home Videos

Our son Rahmat stops by the house from time to time when he is working a split shift. Sometimes he'll take a nap in the guest room, but often he will watch America's Funniest Home Videos on his laptop. I'll be working in the kitchen, and I'll hear him howling and laughing so hard that it makes me laugh. He likes the funny pet videos, and kids torturing themselves while learning a new skill - like sliding down a waterslide in the backyard. Fortunately there is always a big brother with a camera, who captures a summersalt instead, and the kid with grass and dirt in his mouth.

When I finished my work in the kitchen I went to check my e-mail, and was hoping for some down-time. Our cat Pandora was outside on the front porch watching me from the window. She decided she'd rather be inside pestering me while I was on the computer. So, when she lightly tapped on the windowpane, which is her signal for coming inside, I ignored her. And ignored her. And.....ignored her.

She got tired of tapping and stretched her paws way up over her head as far as she could reach. Then she slowly slid her nails down the windowpane. Right. In. Front. Of. Me! It was like chalk on a blackboard! Just horrible! Rahmat laughed so hard while I scolded that darn cat. He said he'd wished he had a camera ready so he could have sent Pandora to America's Funniest Home Videos.