Monday, June 14, 2010

Yes, Puttering in the Kitchen on a Sunny Day

I should have been working in my garden, but instead I was blending spices for a curry - these are so beautiful!
This weekend I made more paneer for curries, and also this feta-type queso blanco cheese that is seasoned with caraway seeds. Both are exceedingly simple (or I wouldn't be making them).

I prepared so many dishes this weekend - Bombay Biryani, Eggplant Curry, Navratan Korma, Salmon Fritatta's on Naan, and a cucumber-tomato salad with a yogurt dressing.
All of this is intended to be packed in George's lunches, or eaten for breakfast. This was breakfast on Saturday, before canoeing - kebabs, rice, eggplant curry, tomato chutney, and a fried tortilla seasoned with chili pepper and tumeric.
This was breakfast Sunday, a sweet curry with vegetables, paneer, cashews and pineapple. At the end a few tablespoons of heavy cream is added, and the paneer are covered in curry. This was served on basmati rice.