Friday, June 18, 2010

Grilled Chicken Kebabs & Curried Spinach


I made a spicy peanut sauce to brush over the chicken as it was grilling, made paneer for the spinach curry, and served this for dinner last night.

The kebabs were marinated in lime juice, vinegar, crushed fresh ginger, salt, pepper, and cayenne.

We had our Devotional last night, with just one friend attending, Corinne. It was pretty laid-back - George got a phone call from Charles and they talked sports. I fell asleep on the sofa in the den, and Corinne read one of my cookbooks while all of us were momentarily 'disengaged' from the Devotional.

I roused myself about 8:30, when George played some music. Brought out my thermos and poured some hot tea. I was so tired I slouched in the big Lazy-boy and pulled out the scarf holding my hair. Oh that feels good, to be totally undone!

Summertime: My mind might want to keep going, but this ole body says 'stop'...right after dinner!